This dramatic Super Mario Bros. ReMix will make you want to raid castles.
Welcome to a special edition of FANDEMONIUM!, where we like to celebrate what’s important.
Today, November 16th, 2012, happens to be the 60th birthday of one of the video game industry’s biggest super stars: Shigeru Miyamoto! That’s right: the man who brought us such memorable characters like Super Mario, Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and all those adorable Pikmin is 60… and doesn’t look a day over 50.
Anyhoo, today I thought it was only fitting to have a song from one of his most cherished games. Or three, at least.
OCReMixer Random Hero took the Castle Themes for Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros., and created this truly remarkable ReMix.
OC ReMix #1872: New Super Mario Bros. ‘Plumber’s Bane: I. Don’t Look Back’ [Fortress] by Random Hero
• Game: New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, 2006, NDS)
• ReMixer(s): Random Hero
• Composer(s): Asuka Ohta, Hajime Wakai
• Song(s): ‘Castle BGM’, ‘Fortress BGM’, ‘Sub Castle BGM’, ‘Tower BGM’, ‘World 8 Map’
- 0:27-0:33 – Super Mario World – Castle Theme
- 0:40-1:40 – New Super Mario Bros. – Fortress Theme
- 1:14-1:24 – Super Mario Bros. 3 – Fortress Theme
- 1:43-2:33 – Super Mario Bros. 3 – Dark Land Theme (World 8)
- 2:39-5:30 – New Super Mario Bros. – Castle Theme
Be sure to check out OCReMix for more awesome ReMixes!
Know of any talented gamers that should be featured in FANDEMONIUM!? If so, get in touch with me!